THE DALLES TO DUFUR
Quench your thirst for quality craft drinks at the source.
- Begin the day in sunny downtown The Dalles, the largest city in the Gorge. Get your caffeine fix at Kainos Coffee, a specialty coffee roaster that partners with a variety of charities.
- Head west to Union Street for access to the Riverfront Trail, perfect for a scenic morning stroll.
- Enjoy lunch at The Riv in a 1900s stone church. The restaurant serves farm-to-table meals, as well as monthly pop-up events hosted by Rooted Event Co.
- Ramble through downtown to Oregon’s oldest bookstore, Klindt’s Booksellers & Stationers then visit Moody Tollbridge Winery, open on weekends, for award-winning wines.
- More sips await at 15 Mile Winery, featuring grapes grown on a homestead estate.
- Beer lovers flock to Freebridge Brewing, located in the 1869 The Dalles Mint, where you can learn local folklore with a tasty pint.
- To the east, Sunshine Mill Winery beckons. The century-old flour mill was converted into an elegant tasting room for Copa Di Vino and Quenett, with original machinery still visible.
- Leave downtown for Tierra de Lobos Winery. The tasting room has stunning views of the Columbia River and the dam that reshaped it.
- Mosey your way south to Dufur, stopping along the way at the family-owned Hi-Way House for juicy steaks and seafood favorites.
- Get a dose of history at the Dufur Historical Society Museum, and try to time your visit with Vintage Dufur Days.
- At the Historic Balch Hotel, taste local wine or tea from the pretty patio, or better yet, stay the night to enjoy Mt. Hood’s sunrise glow.