MOSIER TO THE DALLES
Explore a bountiful landscape filled with geologic marvels.
- Rise and shine with a community celebration at the Mosier Farmers Market, held Sundays from late June to mid-October. Small town charm and local musicians set the scene as you peruse the local bounty.
- Enjoy lunch with a view at Mosier Company, where the rotating menu really shines during berry harvest.
- No matter the season, it’s always a good time for wine here. The region’s unique geology shapes how grapes are grown, resulting in unparalleled wines. Sip at the biodynamic vineyard of Analemma Wines in a tasting room made from reclaimed wood.
- Hidden behind orchards on the 1910 Mayerdale Estate is Garnier Vineyards with panoramic views.
- Across the road, Idiot’s Grace offers tours of its organic vineyard, surrounded by 75-year-old cherry trees.
- Both Mayerdale, home to Columbia View Orchards, and Idiot’s Grace offer U-pick opportunities.
- Call ahead for pick-up from nearby Annie’s Apricots.
- Take Huskey Road to Lopez Farm, perched high above Mosier, for cherry picking.
- Next door Runcible Cider’s farm stand sells cider made of local fruits; sip with a view of the syncline.
- Continue east, observing the terrain’s sheared basalt curves and stop at Rowena Crest for a bird’s-eye view.
- End your day in The Dalles at the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center to learn more about this special landscape.